1. Paleogenomics of echinoids reveals an ancient origin for the double-negative specification of micromeres in sea urchins. Journal: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U S A. With: Jeffrey R Thompson et al. Submitted: August 2, 2016.
2. Procedure for incubation and extraction of embryos from eggs of the green anole, Anolis carolinensis. Journal: Journal of Visualized Experiments. With: Thomas A Stewart et al. Submitted: October 3, 2016.
Manuscripts in preparation
- Endomesoderm specification and regulatory states in pre-gastrular development of Eucidaris tribuloides
- This paper describes the spatiotemporal dynamics of 12 regulatory genes in early development and segregation of endomesoderm in E. tribuloides.
- Results were obtained by perturbation of early Notch signaling, Wnt signaling and various transcription factors that segregate mesoderm and endoderm from endomesoderm in Strongylocentrotus purpuratus
- These events are contrasted to the GRN circuitry executing similar functions in S. purpuratus
- We found that regulatory states, i.e. sets of transcription factors characteristic of particular embryonic domains in echinoderms, exhibit greater similarity between S. purpuratus and E. tribuloides than the gene regulatory network (GRN) circuitry that establishes them